Visiting Morocco has been a dream of mine for a quite long time now and I finally did it! Beside, that I was in-needed of some time off, I’ve always wanted to explore inspiring historic architecture and feel the colorful energy Marrakech has.
So let's make a long story short and say Marrakech is all about:
- getting inspired from the beautiful colours, details and amazing historic architecture this city is made of;
- getting lost in the medinas; Twisting and turning streets where shops, restaurants, markets, and homes all line the streets in buildings seemingly too close together. As someone who loves to get lost, the medinas were heaven;
- drinking lots of mint tea and the best fresh juice you can have; Man, that stuff is highly addictive!;
- eating tons of couscous and tagine (cooked with meat, dates, nuts, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, and saffron in a clay pot) was by far my favourite Moroccan dish; Well, have to say I was a bit “couscoused out” by the end of the trip;
- having the funniest drives with the taxi or just local people who are happy to give you a lift;
- bargaining is one of the topics there when it comes to shopping or taxi service. We always turned it down to a funniest possible offer, that locals would think we are just not normal, but hey it worked out great!;
- and in the end of the day, lying down in beautiful riad next to the pool on the rooftop by any chance and just seeking the good vibes! I wish the time could stop at that point for a little longer!
Stay tuned for more detailed post about my favourite spots in Marrakech, shopping, bargaining and all the topics which come along cruising out there!